Main Office: 678.676.7102 - 4576 N. Peachtree Rd., Dunwoody, GA 30338

Grading

Progress Reports

DeKalb County uses the semester system for grade reporting.
You will receive progress reports at 4 ½, 9, 13 ½ week intervals and report cards will be issued at 18 weeks (end of each semester). This is a means to communicate the student’s progress in every subject.

The following rating scale is used:

E – Excellent
S – Satisfactory
N – Needs Improvement
U – Unsatisfactory
X – No evaluation

Progress reports are at 4 ½ week intervals in order to provide ample time for the parent and the teacher to work with the child to ensure progress.


DeKalb County School District 2015-6 Grading Protocol

Student grades are expected to reflect an appropriate amount of curriculum assessment. There should be a balance of grades in each category to support appropriate assignments based on units of study.

Formative Assessment – 0%

  • Formal or Informal Pre-Assessments

Assessment During Learning – 25%

  • Skills Assessment (Warm-Up)
  • Quiz
  • Projects

Guided, Independent, or Group Practice – 45%

  • Classwork
  • Project or Performance
  • Homework

Summative Assessment or Assessment of Learning– 30%

  • Formal Post-Assessment Test
  • Culminating Project or Performance
  • Final or Culminating Exam

NOTE: If the course requires an End-of-Course assessment (EOC), the EOC will weigh 20% of the student’s final grade. The remaining 80% of the student’s grade is determined by the final average in the course.

 

Report Cards

At the end of each 18- week semester, you will receive reports about your child’s growth and development during that semester. The grade reported at the end of the semester is a cumulative grade for the entire semester. The rating scale of grades used on the report card is as follows:

A – 90-100      B – 80-89      C – 71-79      D – 70      F – Below 70 (failing)

Music, Physical Education, and Creative Enrichment Learning Lab will be rated on the E/S/N/U/X scale as described for Progress Reports.