In 2005, parents at Chesnut established a fully certified 501(c)(3) charitable foundation known as “The Friends of Chesnut Foundation, Inc.”
Friends of Chesnut is a non-profit donation fund to support curriculum and facility enhancements at Chesnut, as well as other items deemed valuable for the school by the PTC, but unable to be funded by the County.
In recent years, our community through Friends of Chesnut has provided:
- New A/V equipment for cafeteria, used during performances, assemblies, Bingo night, etc.
- Tablets and other enhancements to our STEM lab
- 26 new dry erase boards for classrooms that were in need
- A newly cemented walkway and stairs in our carpool area
- New play pads in the back of the school for extended fun during recess
- Media Center and Teachers’ Lounge Remodel (June 2013)
- New math kit for every teacher (Exploring Math) to supplement the county math curriculum and provide new ways to make math more interesting and exciting to every student.
- Twelve Promethean boards, including a portable board that can be used throughout the school until all classrooms have their own permanent boards.
- Reading enrichment tools such as Weekly Reader and Wordly Wise
- New color block carpets in the Kindergarten rooms
- Teacher and Staff development in speech therapy, Gifted Endorsement, and reading
You can also find more information on these and other investments made by Friends of Chesnut in these annual reports:
- Friends of Chesnut Annual Report 2012-2013
- Friends of Chesnut Annual Report 2011-2012
- Friends of Chesnut Annual Report 2010-2011
- Friends of Chesnut Annual Report 2009-2010
- Friends of Chesnut Annual Report 2008-2009
Current Friends of Chesnut Executive Board:
- Allan Joe, President
- Chris Miranda, Treasurer
- Veronica Williams, Director
- Michelle Quintans, Director
Questions? Contact email@example.com
If you have made an expenditure approved by Charter Council on behalf of Friends of Chesnut, you may request reimbursement by providing supporting receipt(s) and completing the following Request Form. Note that Friends of Chesnut will not reimburse non-approved purchases.