Calling All Cougars!
We need your support for the Chesnut Challenge
The Chesnut Challenge is the major school-wide fundraiser for the year. It’s a 2-week period during which students collect donations to fund the PTC programs that enrich their learning experience and improve our school facilities.
We need 100% participation to reach our goal of $30,000!
Get all of the documents and instructions needed for the challenge using the links below the thermometer on the right side of the website.
• October 14th to October 28th: Fundraising Period
• Friday, October 28th: Celebration FunRun
- 11am – 11:45am – 2nd and 3rd grades
- 12pm – 12:45pm – 4th and 5th grades
- 1pm – 1:45pm – Pre-K, K and 1st grades
Parents are invited to volunteer or attend the Celebration FunRun this Friday, October 28th. We need your help to make it a fun day for the kids!
Sign up here www.SignUpGenius.com/go/409084AA9A82BA57-chesnut2
Instructions are coming home in the Chesnut Challenge Packet today, but you can get a head start by visiting www.pledgestar.com/Chesnut.
WHY: This year we are raising funds to be able to:
• Continue Spanish instruction through Fall 2017
• Purchase faculty-selected educational materials that support hands-on/real-life education
• Give our school’s front entrance a facelift
• Support all PTC programs (just a few are listed below):
o Community (Spring Performance, Family Bingo Night, Teacher Appreciation Week)
o Curriculum (CELL Art Supplies, Academic Awards, CEO and Career Days, Academic Clubs, Curriculum Resources)
o Facilities (Clean & Beautiful Supplies, Signage Repairs, Track Sealing)
o Wellness (Faculty/Student Wellness Programs, Field Day, Athletic Clubs)
HOW: Students (and parents) participate by collecting donations from friends and family.
• Packets come home with students on Friday, October 14th with all information and instructions
• Get started as soon as possible in order to meet your goal as well as earn fun prizes
• Check this page throughout the fundraising period to see the progress of the Chesnut Challenge by viewing the Goal Thermometer
QUESTIONS: Email questions to email@example.com