The Chesnut Challenge begins this Friday, October 13th! Our goal is to raise $28,000!
- Friday, October 13th: Pep Rally (Pre-K, K, 1st and 2nd grades – 12:30-1:10 pm; Grades 3rd, 4th and 5th – 1:20-2:00 pm)
- October 13th to October 27th: Fundraising Period
- Friday, October 27th: Celebration FunRun
Parents are invited to volunteer or attend either or both Friday activities (Pep Rally and/or Celebration FunRun).
WHY: This year we are raising funds, hoping to:
- Continue Spanish instruction and build on the curriculum
- Support our Fine Arts with
- new stage audio equipment
- a showcase for student artwork
- a new stage curtain
- purchase a shaded playground cover to protect our students from the sun’s damaging rays
- refresh/paint the cafeteria walls
HOW: Students (and parents) participate by collecting donations from friends and family.
- Packets come home with students on Friday, October 13th with all information and instructions
- Get started as soon as possible in order to meet your goal as well as earn fun prizes
- Check www.chesnutelementary.com throughout the fundraising period to see the progress of the Chesnut Challenge by viewing the Goal Thermometer
QUESTIONS: Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re striving for 100% participation!!
We Challenge You…
…to start planning how you can work with your child(ren) to raise money for the Chesnut Challenge!
Here are some ideas:
- Make a list (include e-mails!) of potential sponsors like grandparents, aunts and uncles, neighbors, family friends and others. You will be reaching out to them through your child’s online donation portal. Instructions will go home Friday!
- Check with your company’s Human Resources department to find out about matching donations. You’d be surprised how many companies will match your donation to a 501c3 foundation like Friends of Chesnut.
- Spread the word. Get your Chesnut friends and neighbors excited for the Challenge!